(03-12-2014) The second biannual ‘European Climate Change Adaptation Conference’ (ECCA) will be hosted in Copenhagen on 12-15 May, 2015. More than 1000 participants are expected to attend this event.
The conference will offer a unique platform for researchers, policy makers, and businesses to share new research results, novel policy developments, and practical implementation experiences regarding climate change impacts and adaptation, as well as highlight opportunities for business innovations aimed at supporting the transition to low carbon societies. It will also show how climate change adaptation in Europe can contribute to job creation and other societal benefits.
This European conference will place a greater emphasis on understanding and assessing adaptation in action under the theme Integrating climate adaptation action in science, policy, practice and business.
Different types of sessions have been designed to combine scientific and practical knowledge, policy making processes and business cases.
- Knowledge: including sessions presenting and discussing the latest research results
- Practice: including dialogues on costs and benefits, strategies, governance, tools, and implementation
- Business: focusing on facilitating public-private partnerships and identifying business opportunities and solutions
Major topics to be covered will include:
- Risk assessment
- Economics of adaptation
- Governance of adaptation
- Adaptation strategies and planning
- Innovations for climate safe developments
- Transitioning to decarbonized societies
- Reconciling mitigation, adaptation and sustainable development
- Practical experiences and lessons from adaptation efforts
- Adaptation in cities and strategic economic sectors
- Smart cities of the future
- Business opportunities and Public-Private Partnerships for adaptation
- Adaptation technologies
- Climate-proofing of infrastructures and investments
- Examples of adaptation (Case studies) and involvement of citizens and civil society
- Site visits of adaptation demonstration projects in Copenhagen
- Science, policy, practitioners and business interaction
The Call for Contributions is now open! Deadline for the submission of presentation abstracts is 15 January, 2015.
For more information, see conference website at http://www.ecca2015.eu/.